Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no distributors, or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Uganda use Sokowatch's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Position: Service Experience Lead
The person in this role will be responsible for helping the Operational Excellence department to see what is hidden in plain sight by mapping our end-to-end services and processes. You will be expected to identify areas in which complex and inefficient processes can be redesigned and improved as well as identify/recommend appropriate measures and metrics for different service experiences and processes within Sokowatch. The output of this role will form the basis on which Sokowatch can envision and craft services based on a deep understanding of customer needs.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Working with various stakeholders across the business to explore and define problem spaces, inefficiencies and goals
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative research and analysis to understand both staff and customer needs and themes.
- Analyzing feedback and analytics.
- Applying in-depth knowledge of human needs and how they can be mapped back to organizational systems and processes
- Translate complex systems in compelling stories, communicating in a credible and engaging manner to meaningfully stretch people’s thinking and reconstruct long-standing operating models
- Work with diverse partners & stakeholders to design services and experiences, as well as the internal processes, policies and programs that support them
- Understand, analyze and map complex journeys and processes.
What you need:
- Experience using quantitative and qualitative evidence to support design/process improvement rationale.
- Exceptional communication skills, able to clearly present your research methods and findings to your stakeholders.
- Ability to lead activities to synthesize data and present insights toward meaningful outcomes.
- Hands-on qualitative research and analysis skills
- Proficiency in creating artifacts and deliverables such as personas, journey maps, service blueprints, and summary reports
- Ability to work directly with multiple teams including Product, Engineering, FMCG and Logistics.
- Ability to lead and mentor more junior team members in the delivery of service design deliverables.
Nice to have:
- Advanced ability to create and lead teams through the creation of experience maps, user journeys and service blueprints, interaction models, flows, and wireframes.
- A background in FMCG, Logistics or Fintech.
- Advanced understanding of information architecture and systems thinking as they apply to the design of a service.
- Ability to achieve multiple project objectives, given limited resources and tight deadlines.