Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no distributors, or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Uganda use Sokowatch's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Position: Principal Engineer(Mobile), reporting to Global Head of Engineering
We are looking for an individual who has a deep interest and passion for technology and loves designing, coding, and owning large-scale systems while working with people who will keep challenging you at every stage. You also have strong problem-solving, analytic, decision-making, and excellent communication abilities with interpersonal skills.
You should be self-driven and motivated to work in a fast-paced, results-driven agile environment with varied responsibilities. You provide technical leadership and mentor to a small team of highly talented and motivated engineers to deliver these solutions at the highest quality.
Locations: Bangalore, India or Nairobi, Kenya
Duties & Responsibilities
● 10+ years prior experience in software product development.
● 3+ years previous experience in principal or architect or a similar role.
● Masters / Degree in Computer Science or Related Field from premier institutes.
Good to have:
● Knowledge of B2B & B2C retail eCommerce
● Experience developing, maintaining, and innovating large-scale, consumer-facing web applications.
● DevOps mindset.
● Experience in data science is plus
● Experience in Spring boot or any good framework.