Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Uganda use Sokowatch's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated product professionals who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Role: Product Manager FMCG Growth, reporting to Sr. Product Manager Inbound & Revenue
Sokowatch is seeking an experienced, data-driven & highly technical product management professional with an extensive background in building out technologies that manage all dimensions of growth of e-commerce companies.
This role may be remote (as long as the time zone difference to East Africa is not impractical) or based out of one of our offices in:
- Nairobi, Kenya (HQ)
- Bangalore, India
- Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Kampala, Uganda
- Kigali, Rwanda
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Own the processes & technologies to digitize and automate Sokowatch’s target, marketing & promotion management as well as pricing engine and success measurement.
- Take charge of developing the product vision and planning the roadmap for this key component of our in-house designed ERP.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative research in the form of in-depth stakeholder interviews and structured data analysis to determine system requirements.
- Prepare meticulous make-or-buy analyses for key technology implementations.
- Draft detailed product requirements for UX designers and engineering teams.
- Lead sprint execution in collaboration with engineering management.
- Communicate & coordinate diligently with technology stakeholders.
- Plan and orchestrate feature releases.
- Measure & report success on implementations.
The ideal candidate has ≥3 years of experience in designing & implementing, and/or integrating third party software for
- Target management for multi-channel e-commerce operations
- Cohort & user segment-based marketing & promotions management
- Event-based & metrics triggered pricing adjustments
- Managing flash sales and stock clearances
- Commercial success KPI reporting
and possesses the following skills & traits:
- Expert in agile product management practices and tools
- Systemic thinker conversant with reading ERDs and designing architecture diagrams and data models
- In-depth knowledge of fundamental supply chain processes and key accounting principles
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Diligent and forthcoming collaborator across multi-disciplinary teams