Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Uganda use Sokowatch's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Role: Treasury Manager, reporting to the Global Head of Finance
We're looking for an exceptional Treasury manager who will be tasked with overseeing the treasury operations across the Sokowatch group.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and control the Group’s global cash flows, oversee cash forecasts / liquidity, manage all aspects of the group debt facilities and establish / maintain controls over global bank accounts.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the Group’s bankers.
- Develop and maintain a well-controlled function overseeing funding, forecasting, banking.
- Ensure efficient and timely day to day cash management.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with borrowing facilities and agreements and reporting covenants.
- Develop and maintain regular reporting of agreed metrics to senior management.
- Assist with the development, review and implementation of the group’s treasury strategy.
- Ensure that treasury policies and procedures remain relevant and in line with best practice, while embedding a culture of continuous improvement.
- Assist in monitoring group-wide adherence with treasury policies and procedures.
- Lead and manage the treasury accounting team, providing oversight and direction at a strategic and operational level.
- Overseeing the payment process and liaison with the bank to ensure payments are done promptly.
- Coordinate and provide audit information requests for the function.
- Ensure daily accounting and full reconciliation of allocated banks on a daily and monthly basis without any outstanding items older than a month.
- Ensure work documents e.g. bank guarantees, contracts are properly saved, arranged and kept in both soft and hard copy within designated shared drives and filing storage areas respectively.
- Oversee the monthly petty cash count process.
- Coordinating with country finance teams for weekly and monthly cashflow forecasts.
- Reviewing weekly and monthly bank and mobile money reconciliations.
- Reviewing daily cash reconciliation and daily agents reconciliation sign off.
- Reviewing the weekly sales receipt control account and debtors account.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration; CPA qualification; MBA/CFA a plus but not required
- Thorough knowledge of IFRS and experience with accounting and financial procedures
- Strong investigative and analytical skills; ability to identify errors
- Experience reconciling accounting figures and financial records
- Appropriate handling of sensitive information
- Ability to work to deadlines
- High level of attention to detail
- Team player with the ability to work with multiple parties
- Advanced computer software skills, including Excel and Accounting packages