Sokowatch is looking for a Mifos developer with experience in building various tasks customized to meet the needs of the sokowatch microfinance / micro-lending initiatives: planning the roll-out, application integrations, data migration, planning and installation of infrastructure, customizing reports, and training users and administrators.
You will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications. As a Mifos specialist, you have to provide mentoring & guidance for ongoing system changes, API integrations, customizations, and database administration, and also planning improvements to meet the growing needs of the sokowatch microfinance/financial services business and to take advantage of new features in Mifos or infrastructure improvements.
Location: India, Bangalore / Kenya, Nairobi
The successful candidate will possess:
- 5+ years experience with Software development
- 3+ years of experience in Mifos design and development.
- Proven hands-on Mifos development, integrations & enhancements experience
- Proven working experience in front-end & back end development
- Strong Functional / Object-Oriented Programming Language Skills (Ex: Java, JavaEE, Spring, Spring Boot)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL, and NoSQL technologies.
- Knowledge in Angular Web Framework, HTML5, CSS3, SASS
- Experience with test-driven development
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Team-first attitude
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs comply with specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Time management and self-organization