Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small brick & mortar retail merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a merchant needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across East and West Africa use Sokowatch's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Role: Sr. PM Merchant Experience, reporting to Director of Product, Merchant Experience
Sokowatch is seeking an experienced, data-driven & highly technical product management professional with an extensive background in building solutions for small businesses including payment solutions and mobile wallets.
This role may be remote (as long as the time zone difference to East Africa is not impractical) or even better be based out of one of our country hubs in:
- Nairobi, Kenya (HQ)
- Bangalore, India
- Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Kampala, Uganda
- Kigali, Rwanda
- Abidjan, Côte D’Ivoire
- Dakar, Senegal
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Take charge of the product vision and planning the roadmap for driving unassisted orders and merchant self-service at Sokowatch.
- Perform in-depth analyses of user cohorts in terms of key commercial metrics as well as attributes such as demographic, location, shop size, shop type, etc. to guide your roadmap decisions.
- Run frequent field trips and in-person user research to deepen your understanding of the target persona and their most pressing needs.
- Drive design, prototyping, A/B testing and solution development of key features to attract & retain more users and improve key metrics such as funnel conversion, AOV & ARPU and repeat purchase cadence.
- Mentor the PMs to draft detailed product requirements.
- Lead sprint execution in collaboration with engineering management.
- Communicate & coordinate diligently with technology stakeholders.
- Plan and orchestrate feature releases in collaboration with Product Marketing.
- Measure & report success on implementations.
The ideal candidate has ≥ 7 years of experience in designing & implementing, and/or integrating third party software for
- Product / category search & discovery
- In app promotions, offers and discounts
- Shopping cart & checkout design
- Mobile money payments
- Mobile wallets
- Returns management
- Order tracking experience
in the context of small business software solutions for developing countries or emerging markets.
In-depth experience with
- low connectivity environments
- low quality smartphones and feature phones
- WhatsApp and Text bots
is of great importance to this role.
In addition, the ideal candidate possesses the following skills, traits & qualifications:
- University degree in Business, Computer Science and/or relevant equivalent experience
- Expert in agile product management practices and tools
- Experienced in developing applications for low end devices and poor connectivity environments
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Diligent and forthcoming collaborator across multi-disciplinary teams.