Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. Through connecting small shops to the digital economy, we are fixing inefficient supply chains and providing services never previously available.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, and Rwanda use Sokowatch's mobile ordering and delivery platform to ensure they get the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while getting access to growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and hungry employees who are comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Position: Software Engineer
Sokowatch is looking for a BlockChain developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications.
You will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications. As a blockchain expert, your roles and responsibilities include managing blockchain applications application development while providing expertise in building & managing private blockchain integrations, software development lifecycle, from concept, design, development, testing, release & maintenance.
Java developer responsibilities include designing, developing, and delivering high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems.
Location: India, Bangalore or Nairobi, Kenya
The successful candidate will possess:
- 8+ years of overall experience in software development.
- 3+ years experience with Private/Public/Hybrid BlockChain development.
- Proven hands-on Hyper Ledger Software Development experience using any open source / proprietary tools like Fabric/HyperLedger etc.,
- Proven working experience in Private BlockChain, BitCoins, Mining, Wallets, Security, BlockChain Caching etc
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE and Web platforms
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL, PSQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience in the Spring Framework and Spring Boot Framework
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC, Spring Boot)
- Knowledge in Angular Web Framework, HTML5, CSS3, SASS
- Experience with test-driven development
- Knowledge of Jasper Reports, and ability to design and implement Jasper Reports.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Team-first attitude
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Time management and self-organization