Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no distributors, or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Uganda use Sokowatch's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Position: Business Intelligence Analyst, reporting to the Head of Business Intelligence
We are looking for an experienced business intelligence analyst who is deeply passionate about the retail business in the B2B or B2B2C space. You are a leader who is able to convert insights into tangible actions in liaison with business leaders.
Locations: Nairobi, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Bangalore, India
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver insights for the business unit( FMCG, logistics, consumer, financial services)
- Analyze sophisticated business problems using data from multiple sources to provide actionable insights to key decision-makers.
- Identify and interpret trends and patterns in business operations datasets to locate influences and pivots.
- Prepare risk forecasts, recommendations based on business data and market understanding.
- Use data visualization and analytic tools to develop and fine-tune dashboards for designated business unit
- Interface with other teams to address gaps in data utilization and surface metrics to help optimize operations.
The successful candidate will possess:
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics, computer science, mathematics or a related field
- Excellent analytical & logical problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of database engineering
- Proficiency in SQL for querying and analyzing data
- Eagerness to learn new technical, analytical and professional skills
- Strong interest in technology and e-commerce within sub-Saharan African markets
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles
- Ability to work independently with strong time management and ability to execute on multiple concurrent deliverables
- Attention to detail and a keen eye for effective visual design
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) and the ability to communicate with sophistication within a business setting
Desired but non-essential attributes include:
- Ability to speak Swahili/French
- Experience coding in Python, R, or Ruby
- Familiarity with data visualization software
- Familiarity with A/B testing and causal inference