Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no distributors, or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Uganda use Sokowatch's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Locations: Bangalore, India or Nairobi, Kenya or Europe (remote possible)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- You are responsible for the specification and implementation of requirements for the overall BI architecture at Sokowatch
- You recruit, develop, and motivate data, analytics, and business intelligence team members to ensure achieve goals & potential
- You develop standards for data acquisition, data processing, analyses, reports, and dashboards for various business units with the usage and implementation of digital analytics tools
- You engage with stakeholders to understand the business impact, requirements, and priorities and translate data into actionable insights combining business and technical understanding to enable data-driven decision making
- You research, propose, and deliver changes to our tool architecture to address requirements from a data perspective
- You enable all departments across the company to track their KPIs and train them on the usage of the various data & analytics tools
- You can identify yourself with our mission to revolutionize access to essential goods and services for communities across Africa and want to make your contribution
- You are excited about the challenges of an e-commerce business such as forecasting demand, optimizing delivery schedules and routing, managing inventory, increasing customer lifetime value, and have ideally gathered first-hand experience in any of these fields
- You are a data generalist with 5+ years of experience in data analytics and/or business intelligence, ideally in an agile and fast-growing start-up environment
- You have gathered first experiences in leading Business Intelligence Engineers and Data Analysts
- You have experience with data visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Metabase, or Looker
- You are proficient in data languages. Advanced SQL skills are a must-have, Python and/or R are very nice to have. Further, you have hands-on experience with relational databases such as Postgres, BigQuery, Redshift, or Snowflake.
- You are an analytical problem solver, critical thinker and you pay attention to detail
- You have strong communication and presentation skills and a pronounced hands-on mentality.