Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no distributors or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Uganda use Sokowatch's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Role: Marketing and Promotions Intern, reporting to East Africa Special Projects Manager
We're looking for an exceptional team player who is excited about unlocking the potential of the informal economy and inspired by our mission to empower the local merchants responsible for over $600 billion of sales across Africa every year.
Are you a spirited young graduate with a passion for marketing and learning new skills who can work across functions to drive the Sokowatch brand, communications and promotions.
Location; Nairobi, Kenya
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Conduct research and analyze customer behavior.
- Creatively envision macro and micro needs in order to design and implement successful marketing campaigns.
- Identify and analyze competitors.
- Prepare reports via the analysis of sales data.
- Collaborate with the design department to produce effective promotional materials.
- Organize promotional activities for new product and service launches.
- Support developing staff promotional ideas and coordinate development of content e.g. photography, as the need arises.
- Provide timely project status updates to the line manager.
- Execute scheduled marketing activities in collaboration with cross departmental teams.
- Assist in the development and implementation process for promotions across all Sokowatch East Africa branches
- Develop support materials like brochures, flyers, scripts, videos and field communication.
- Research best practices and competitors’ promotional activities.
- Support sales managers in efforts to formulate promotional deals
- Coordinate social media initiatives
- Provide project status updates to line manager
The successful candidate will possess:
- BS degree in marketing or relevant field
- Demonstration of project management skills will be advantageous
- Solid working knowledge of traditional and digital marketing tools
- Communication (written/verbal), Powerpoint decks, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Experience collaborating and influencing others in a cross-functional team environment
- Photography and video editing skills is a bonus