Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across East and West Africa use Sokowatch's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day tasks related to providing administrative support to ensure General Office Administration.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervising cleanliness of the office and general orderliness of the office
- Making travel arrangements, such as flights, cars and hotel bookings for staff
- Manage per diem requests and travel reconciliations
- Coordinate staff events
- Coordinate insurance claims for lost assets
- Manage and allocate meeting rooms
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Order office supplies
- Be the main point of contact for all staff and visitors
- Receives, record and oversee sorting out and delivery of mail to internal/external recipients
- Organize and supervise repairs in the office
- Maintain contact list
- Manage the front office and reception of visitors to the office
- Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or other business related field
- Minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in a similar capacity
- Ability to meet deadlines and keen attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks
- Service oriented with a focus on internal clients
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
- Time-management skills
- Excellent writing skills in English