Position: Country Logistics & Customer Service Manager, TZ.
Business Unit: Logistics & Customer Service (LCS).
- Role Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop operational strategies and tactics to manage all logistics (inventory inbound and outbound operations) and customer service (last mile delivery, 3P management, customer facing teams etc) in to optimize operations output and efficiencies
- Draw up and forecast yearly OPEX and CAPEX budgetary requirements, based off BU and country strategic initiatives to drive operational excellence, increase throughput and improve on LCS cost contribution to the business
- Project manage continuous improvement initiatives - ensuring maximum ROI is realised by the business and TCO is the lowest possible
- Fully support the FMCG Business Unit meet their volume commitments by driving execution excellence in last mile delivery and customer service. As a metric, on time, in full (OTIF) delivery of customer orders should not be less than 98% whether same day or next day delivery
- Ensure full utilization of both hired and company owned vehicles to attain fleet uptimes of greater than 95%
- To prudently manage the Country’s Logistics and Customer Service (LCS) Business Unit budget, ensuring LCS expenses are less than the desired metrics as set by the business. Analyzing and reviewing all proposed LCS expenses with a view of ensuring that the company gets value for money
- Overall responsibility for the Country’s inventory management, formulating and driving operational strategy to ensure shrinkage is below the desired metrics as set by the business
- Manage, supervise and develop the Country’s LCS staff to attain maximum productivity, efficiencies as well as career growth
- Manage reporting to ensure all fleet and logistics reports are produced, analyzed and sent to management in a timely manner
- Manage communication between the Country’s LCS Business Unit and other functions, ensuring professionalism is maintained at all times
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, engineering, statistics, actuarial science, logistics or a closely related commercial field
- At least five (5) years of experience as a supply chain manager in an FMCG environment
- Demonstrated understanding of inbound and outbound logistics processes with proven experience in logistics, warehousing and fleet management
- Excellent people management skills having successfully managed a team of supply chain experts at country level
- Experience in managing multiple warehouses at country level as well as 3PL service providers, guaranteeing a positive return on investment
- A safety conscious individual able to train the team on end to end logistics operations safety across diverse branches.Experience in fleet safety, warehouse operations safety as well as overall operations safety awareness
- Digital literacy - Excel, MS-Word and general IT literacy
Excellent communication and people relation skills. Ensuring the highest level of professionalism is maintained in communication, reporting and interaction across all levels of the organisation.