Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no distributors, or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Uganda use Sokowatch's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Position: Programme Management Lead
The person in this role is required to bridge the contributions of many experts, understand the impact of decisions, and be comfortable with judgment calls. You will be tasked with developing and coordinating the execution of programmes to support the organization's strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long-term goals.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Working with various stakeholders across the business to explore and define problem spaces, inefficiencies and goals
- Identify cross-team dependencies and collaboration needs & facilitate resolving them. Lead on cross-functional project teams
- Build and manage program/project schedules, identify possible issues and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders.
- Track all projects across BU's (Schedules, Milestones, Dependencies, Resources Required, Risks, & Mitigation Plans) and share it with the leads.
- Work with project teams & capture weekly progress, risks & plan / recommend mitigation plans for spillovers and any potential risks.
- Report feature/program status to stakeholders.
What you need:
- Should be comfortable working in a self-guided manner with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage their own time efficiently.
- Able to communicate across all levels of the organization to gather feedback, assess the need for new programs and gain buy-in on existing program enhancements.
- Outstanding working knowledge of change management principles and performance evaluation processes
- Ease dealing with ambiguity by taking smart and calculated risks whilst supporting others who do the same.
- Effectively able to prioritize and pivot in response to evolving business constraints.
- PMP Certification or equivalent
Nice to have:
- A background in FMCG, Logistics or Fintech.