Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across East and West Africa use Wasoko's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
The Recruitment Manager is responsible for guiding candidates through our hiring process and connecting them to opportunities to work at Wasoko.
Location: West Africa Region
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple pipelines;
- Recruit highly qualified talent and achieve a consistently fast paced time to fill;
- Coordinate with Head of talent acquisition on workforce plan to ensure proactive identification of projected openings;
- Provide an efficient and high-quality experience for every candidate from application stage;
- Manage the Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), job boards and social media tools;
- Oversee and manage external recruitment vendors , ensuring professional processes are followed;
- Develop and maintain talent roster for future potential staff in the region;
- Connect with country-specific People and Culture teams in the region and build strong partner relationships;
- Facilitate projects as and when directed from the Global office.
- 7-10 years minimum experience in HR;
- University degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related area;
- Knowledge and experience of HR, business practices and cultures in the African region;
- MUST be Bi-lingual (English & French);
- Proficient in using MS Office;
- High energy, pragmatic and a ‘can do’ attitude, creating a positive culture in the company;
- Teamwork skills to work with partners in the region;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong analytical capabilities;
- Open, honest and direct communicator.