Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, and Rwanda use Sokowatch's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Position: IT Support Associate
We are searching for a stellar IT Support Associate with excellent interpersonal skills. The person will be in charge of troubleshooting technical issues, provide timely support on software and hardware computer issues, and support the roll-out of new applications, among other duties.
Locations: Nairobi, with frequent travel to other branches.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Certification in Microsoft, Linux, or Cisco is advantageous.
- Five (5) years prior experience in tech support, desktop support, or a similar role.
- Proficiency in Windows/Linux/Mac OS.
- Experience with remote desktop applications and help desk software.
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Respond to technical support emails, calls, and service requests in a timely manner, and escalating issues as needed.
- Identifies and resolves questions and problems related to computer hardware, software, printer/scanner, network, and office phones.
- Install, configure, upgrade and deploy computer hardware and software.
- Consult with individual users on computer-related problems and providing computer skills training for staff, if needed.
- Document, track, and monitor assigned requests, ensuring a timely resolution.
- Maintain IT equipment inventory.
- Assists in the troubleshooting of network and related telecom outages and issues.
- Refer to hardware problems and defective products to vendors for service.
- Completes projects as assigned in the IT area.
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time