Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across East and West Africa use Wasoko's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Role: Branch Logistics Manager,
Wasoko is searching for a Branch Logistics Manager to be based at the branch. They will undertake all aspects of a warehouse manager for Wasoko in the branch. The primary goal of this position is to monitor and optimize inventory in the warehouse.
Location: Kayonza, Rwanda
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the supervision and management of branch level warehouse team
- Responsible for the development and compliance of agreed-upon warehouse standard operating procedures across all warehouse functions (eg. loading, stock reconciliation, cash reconciliation, storage, stock counts)
- Responsible for the management of inventory across all branches. Ensuring each branch is not over/under- stocking on any SKU.
- Responsible for managing the communication flow between branch level warehouse managers and Kenya finance team with regards to timely payment for LPOs.
- Responsible for managing the communication flow between branch level warehouse managers and Supplier procurement teams to ensure timely delivery of requested LPOs.
- Responsible for the tracking and reporting of branch level agent shorts, inventory, and LPOs
- Responsible for the development of branch-level warehouse team budgets (eg. budget for additional personnel, storage capacity, parking capacity, offloading capacity, stock forecasting)
The successful candidate will possess:
- Proven work experience as a warehouse manager for 2-3 years
- Deep knowledge of and proven track record implementing Good Warehouse Practices (Housekeeping, bin management etc)
- First-hand experience with robust inventory management systems e.g. SAGE, SAP B1, Pastel etc
- Demonstrate know how on best practices on master data clean up, goods receipt / issue, landed cost calculation and stock reconciliation
- Proven ability to implement processes and improvement initiatives
- Qualification in logistics or management
- Leadership skills and ability to manage staff
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Keen to details especially in interpreting supply chain numbers.