Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no distributors, or banks necessary. Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Uganda use Sokowatch's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Position: TPM Engineering, reporting to Global Head of Engineering
The Technical Program Manager has an exciting charter that requires working closely with the engineering leaders and their teams to make real the largest bets in the engineering org. The role involves working on a broad variety of programs involving multiple engineering teams and technologies such as 3rd party ecommerce solutions, cloud computing, data science, data platform, security and core engg platform, mobile apps etc. As the org grows and with new business bets being taken, this is a fantastic opportunity for a TPM to make a strong impact and become part of Sokowatch's journey. You should be self-driven and motivated with the desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven and agile environment.
Locations: Bangalore, India or Nairobi, Kenya
Duties & Responsibilities
- Strong adaptive problem solving, program management skills around planning, execution, communication, risk management, and stakeholder management.
- Strong cross-team and cross-org partner management. Ability to influence, empower, and align people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships.
- Strong organizational and facilitation skills to prioritize projects/programs
- Excellent in identifying process gaps, measuring progress, and balancing engineering and product efficiency with process overhead.
- Experience with good software design and implementation skills, including documentation, design trade-offs, resource management, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Strong ability to understand tech stacks and architecture and drive tech solutioning with engineering leads and architects. Expected to drive programs by understanding the underlying technology and architecture for proposed solutions
- Experience of having successfully delivered large, complicated engineering releases
- Self-starter. Team player. Passion to work in a fast-paced, results-focused environment
- Strong passion to learn and grow on the job. Plan, Monitor, Control & report multiple tech programs
- Own and drive tech programs all the way from ideation and solutioning to execution and delivery. Work with the leadership to identify and improve overall org processes and efficiencies.
- Be a mentor on Agile/Scrum/Kanban, SRE, Product & Development processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- 10+ years prior experience in large company wide program management.
- Strong B2B, B2C/B2B2C e-commerce domain knowledge.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in a quantitative field from a premier institute.
- Excellent problem solving, prototyping articulation & communication skills